1. Federal funding for Goals 2000 and School-to-Work is scheduled to end this year. Under the president’s proposed FY 2001 budget, federal funding for Goals 2000 would be reallocated to new professional-development programs.
2. Some funding for these accounts will not be available until after the fiscal year listed.
3. Not all programs in this category are listed; items do not add to total.
4. Administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
5. Administered by the Department of Labor. 6. Youth Activities combines Summer Youth Employment and Training and Youth Training grants.
7. Administered by the Department of the Interior.
8. Included in appropriations for the departments of Veterans’ Affairs, Housing and Urban Development, and related agencies. The National Science Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service function as independent federal agencies.
SOURCES: U.S. Congress, Departments of Education, Interior, and Health and Human Services, Office of Management and Budget.