Click It: A Web Roundup
This Web site takes today's news and breaks it down for classroom conversations. Teachable Moment offers a series of media-enriched lesson plans on current-events topics that are updated weekly. Recent exercises have covered the presidential inauguration, the U.S. financial and banking crisis, climate-change legislation, and conflict in the Middle East. Lesson plans are organized by elementary, middle, and high school levels, and each exercise contains primary and secondary sources. The site, which is run by the Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility, New York City-based nonprofit organization, serves as a practical resource for teachers who want to apply digital media and current issues in their daily class lessons.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- High School Principal
- Paramount Unified School District, California
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut