Bits & Bytes
Problems Emerge With Online Testing in Three States
Officials in Indiana were forced to suspend statewide online tests for two days after technical problems derailed the system, in the latest mishap to plague statewide assessments around the country.
The Indiana testing breakdowns occurred not long after serious assessment problems emerged in Minnesota and Oklahoma, raising concerns about the technological capacity of schools to administer online testing.
And the testing woes have emerged at an inopportune time for backers of online testing. States and school districts are already nervous about the costs and technological challenges of putting in place online assessments to match the Common Core State Standards, and the current round of testing woes seems likely to only heighten that anxiety.
Vol. 06, Issue 03, Page 8Published in Print: June 12, 2013, as Problems Emerge With Online Testing in Three States
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)