Bits & Bytes
A new Illinois bill that went into effect on Jan. 1 gives school boards and administrators the power to suspend or expel a student if that student threatens a school employee, another student, or any school-related personnel on the Internet via social networking websites or other web-based tools.
"Bullying no longer takes place only at school," says state Rep. Dwight Kay, the sponsor of the bill. "This bill gives school boards and administrators a way to deal with online threats from students towards other students, faculty or anyone else."
Vol. 05, Issue 02, Page 8Published in Print: February 8, 2012, as Internet Threats
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Principal, Bell Creek Academy
- Bell Creek Academy, Riverview, Florida