Bits & Bytes
School Principals' Practices on Social-Networking Sites
A recent report from edWeb.net, School Principals and Social Networking in Education: Practices, Policies, and Realities in 2010, shows how involved principals are in social-networking sites vs. teachers and librarians and how they see such sites working to improve schools.
Principals Were Less Likely Than Teachers or Librarians to Have a Social Network
Question: Social networks are growing rapidly in popularity. Are you currently a member of or have you ever joined a social-networking website like Facebook, MySpace, Ning, LinkedIn, or one of the social-networking websites created for educators (e.g., We Are Teachers, edWeb.net, etc.)?
An Overview of Principal Awareness of Social-Networking Websites
Vol. 04, Issue 01, Page 16
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- Caprock Academy, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, Virginia
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education Teachers SY 2018-2019
- Eagle Academy Public Charter School, Washington D.C.
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- FWCS, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Headmaster - Boston Latin Academy
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, Massachusetts