The Smithsonian’s History Explorer
A new multimedia search engine for teachers of American history, this site aims to integrate Smithsonian holdings into school lesson plans.
One search on the site, for instance, turned up a Buffalo Soldier uniform worn by an African-American soldier fighting for the Union Army in the Civil War.
The Smithsonian says this project uses an applied-learning technique that emphasizes real-life objects to communicate a narrative of the American experience. The site also offers lesson plans and handouts to accompany a variety of history lessons.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida