The Smithsonian’s History Explorer
A new multimedia search engine for teachers of American history, this site aims to integrate Smithsonian holdings into school lesson plans.
One search on the site, for instance, turned up a Buffalo Soldier uniform worn by an African-American soldier fighting for the Union Army in the Civil War.
The Smithsonian says this project uses an applied-learning technique that emphasizes real-life objects to communicate a narrative of the American experience. The site also offers lesson plans and handouts to accompany a variety of history lessons.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent of Data, Intervention and Supports
- Kirkwood School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Territory Manager USA, North America
- Bright Advertising, New York City, New York
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida