This site works to connect generous donors with educators in need of technology products. After setting up a detailed lesson plan, teachers add wish-list items, such as digital cameras, overhead projectors, and interactive whiteboards, to their accounts. Then, corporate and individual donors shop around until they find a cause they want to support.
Once a wish is granted, Digital Wish verifies the wish by contacting the school administration. Each donated item is shipped directly to the school as soon as a payment is processed. In addition to acting as an online charity, the site offers educators ideas on independent fundraising campaigns and grant-writing efforts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- High School Math Teacher
- Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia