This site works to connect generous donors with educators in need of technology products. After setting up a detailed lesson plan, teachers add wish-list items, such as digital cameras, overhead projectors, and interactive whiteboards, to their accounts. Then, corporate and individual donors shop around until they find a cause they want to support.
Once a wish is granted, Digital Wish verifies the wish by contacting the school administration. Each donated item is shipped directly to the school as soon as a payment is processed. In addition to acting as an online charity, the site offers educators ideas on independent fundraising campaigns and grant-writing efforts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland
- Resident Teacher - Master's Degree Programs
- Academy for Urban School Leadership, Chicago, Illinois
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois