The latest news about the Common Core State Standards, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Research Center Report
This Education Week Research Center report draws on a national survey of teachers fielded during the 2013-14 school year and examines student and teacher readiness for the common core, access to high-quality materials and training, and long-term impact of the new standards and aligned assessments.
- Infographic: Speedy Process for Common Standards Adoption
- Interactive: State Lawmakers Consider Dropping Common Core
- Infographic: Common Standards and Assessment Consortia Membership
- Infographic: Getting Ready for the Common Core
• The Common Core Explained
The Curriculum Matters blog covers developments on the adoption and implementation of common standards. Visit this page to browse the latest posts on this topic.
An Education Week series on the District of Columbia's vision of the common-core standards and how they are being put into practice.
Thought leaders, policymakers and educators offer their opinions and ideas on the common-core standards.
Math, Literacy, & Common Standards
This special report maps out the landscape of academic content and instruction in the common-core era.
Quality Counts 2010
The 14th edition of Education Week's annual report looks at the national debate over common academic standards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Inclusion Officer
- Ithaca City School District, NY
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA
- Licensed Teachers 7-12 **Now Offering $2,000 sign-on Payment**
- Youth Villages, Bartlett, TN