The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The continuous emphasis on test preparation instead of a focus on the development of lifelong readers has diminished emphasis on students’ recreational reading habits, says high school English teacher Nancy Barile. (October 21, 2015)
The Book Whisperer Blog
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Professional Practice and Improvement Specialist (PPIS)
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Multiple Locations
- Deputy Superintendent
- Richland School District, Richland, WA
- Director of Instruction for Math, Gr. 6-12
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Dorchester, MA
- Chief Executive Officer
- Great Hearts, Phoenix, AZ
- HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
- Ramona Unified School District, San Diego, CA