The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The continuous emphasis on test preparation instead of a focus on the development of lifelong readers has diminished emphasis on students’ recreational reading habits, says high school English teacher Nancy Barile. (October 21, 2015)
The Book Whisperer Blog
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle / High School Teaching & Learning Coach
- American School of Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- State Director, School Improvement Grants (Education Programs Professional)
- Nevada Department of Education, Carson City or Las Vegas, NV
- Leave Replacement Teacher: Middle School Literature
- Great Oaks Charter Schools, NY
- School Principal
- Saint Clement School, Chicago, IL
- Principal of Early Childhood Education Center
- OFJCC, Palo Alto, CA