The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The continuous emphasis on test preparation instead of a focus on the development of lifelong readers has diminished emphasis on students’ recreational reading habits, says high school English teacher Nancy Barile. (October 21, 2015)
The Book Whisperer Blog
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School 8th Grade Science Teacher
- Dwight-Englewood School, Englewood, NJ
- School Educational Psychologist
- St Joseph's Instutition International, Singapore, Si, Singapore
- Lecturer - Educational Leadership Services
- Old Dominion University, VA
- FLORIDA - Catholic High School
- Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School, Sarasota, FL
- Middle School Teachers - Math, Social Studies, ELA (SY16-17)
- Two Rivers Public Charter School, Washington, DC