The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction. (May 11, 2015)
• Full Report: Special Report on Early Literacy
The Book Whisperer Blog
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Magnet Schools of America, DC
- Engineering & Robotics Instructor
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Larkspur, CA
- Lead a Network of Cleveland Schools. Apply Today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind - Romney, WV
- West Virginia Board of Education, Romney, WV