The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The continuous emphasis on test preparation instead of a focus on the development of lifelong readers has diminished emphasis on students’ recreational reading habits, says high school English teacher Nancy Barile. (October 21, 2015)
The Book Whisperer Blog
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, K-12 Mathematics
- Pittsburgh Public Schools, Pittsburgh, PA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Wicomico County Public Schools, Salisbury, MD
- Multiple Positions
- DeKalb County School District, Stone Mountain, GA
- Northeast Community School District, IA
- Founders Fellow
- Empower Schools, Springfield, MA