The latest news about reading, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction. (May 11, 2015)
• Full Report: Special Report on Early Literacy
The Book Whisperer Blog
Two instructional intervention experts provided research-based guidance for planning and implementing reading interventions to meet the varying needs of students.
In this webinar, the authors provided a brief overview of the CAFE system, and discussed a systemized approach to reading instruction.
This issue of the Teacher PD Sourcebook aims to highlight instructional efforts that bring reading and writing to life for today's students.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA