The latest news about federal policy, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The compromise bill approved by the Senate education committee to overhaul the Elementary and Secondary Education Act faces other priorities awaiting debate, and is likely to draw intense partisan sparring. (April 17, 2015)
Politics K-12 Blog
This interactive timeline digs deep into the Education Week archives to tell the story of U.S. education over the past 30 years, with a special focus on presidential terms.
Two representatives from the U.S. Department of Education and a district schools superintendent discussed the impact of the Economic Stimulus.
These essays have been adapted for Education Week from the recently published book Carrots, Sticks, and the Bully Pulpit. The explore federal involvement in education policy.
Turnaround Watch: The School Improvement Grant Program
Education Week looks at how SIG funds are being used in efforts to revitalize some of the nation's lowest-performing schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- School Principal
- BLSYW, Baltimore, MD
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO