The latest news about federal policy, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
With his pot of financial sweeteners diminished, Arne Duncan may have to rely mainly on persuasion and sanctions to advance President Obama's K-12 agenda in the remaining years of the administration. (October 4, 2013)
Politics K-12 Blog
This interactive timeline digs deep into the Education Week archives to tell the story of U.S. education over the past 30 years, with a special focus on presidential terms.
Two representatives from the U.S. Department of Education and a district schools superintendent discussed the impact of the Economic Stimulus.
These essays have been adapted for Education Week from the recently published book Carrots, Sticks, and the Bully Pulpit. The explore federal involvement in education policy.
Turnaround Watch: The School Improvement Grant Program
Education Week looks at how SIG funds are being used in efforts to revitalize some of the nation's lowest-performing schools.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Senior Technical Assistance Consultant (7372)
- American Institutes for Research, Naperville, IL