The latest news about English-language learners, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Questions around which instructional strategies work best for English-learners are far from settled, including how much a bilingual approach to teaching puts such students at an advantage. (May 11, 2016)
• English-language learners
Learning the Language Blog
Our guests discussed the research on the most effective approaches to improving literacy for ELLs and how school districts can implement common core for such students.
Our guests in this online chat discuss the technology tools designed to support English-language learners in school, as well as the resources available for teachers.
This report looks at how the sweeping shift in demographic patterns has strained the capacity of school districts to develop and pay for instructional programs to teach children who are still learning English.
Perspectives on a Population
This exclusive 2009 report offers the most comprehensive, data-driven examination to date of ELL students and youths in the United States.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Math/Science Teacher in China
- Concordia Dalian High School, Dalian, China
- Chief Revenue Officer
- Editorial Projects in Education, Bethesda, MD
- Preschool Teachers
- La Petite Academy, Margate, FL
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL