Stat of the Week July 27, 2006
The release of Diplomas Count 2006 highlighted the variety of methods used to calculate graduation rates, and the discrepancies they create. A variety of measurement methods are employed because systems that track individual students (known as longitudinal data systems) are only now starting to be implemented. In a 2006 survey, the EPE Research Center found that 37 states link exit data to a unique student identifier, but a survey conducted by Achieve this year revealed that only three states have a longitudinal data system in place to track students as they move from kindergarten through college.
To find out more about graduation policies and technology in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- Rossman School, St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- Chief Academic Officer
- School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL, FL
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA