Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal, New High School in Bonita Springs, FL
- Lee County Schools, Bonita Springs, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- North Shore School District, Nassau County, NY
- Transformation/Turnaround K8 School Principal
- Avant Garde Academy, Kissimmee, FL
- Senior Practice Associate – K-12 Math
- The Education Trust, Washington, DC
- Open House
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY