Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- PRINCIPAL - CENTAURUS HIGH SCHOOL
- Boulder Valley School District, Lafayette, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Binghamton City School District, Binghamton, NY
- Regional Superintendent
- DeKalb County School District, Stone Mountain, GA
- Principal - Chappelow K-8 Arts School
- Weld County School District 6, Greeley, CO