Stat of the Week June 28, 2006
According to Diplomas Count 2006, a majority of the 23 states requiring exit exams allow students to appeal after failing the exam or have an alternative route students can take to earn a standard diploma. Fifteen states currently have at least one of these policies in place, with Ohio planning to add both options for the class of 2007.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Yorktown Central School District, Yorktown Heights, NY
- School Director
- Menlo Park Academy, Cleveland, OH
- Middle School Math Teacher - Abu Dhabi Public Schools
- Teach Away Inc., Ab, United Arab Emirates
- K-8 Principal
- Amphitheater Public Schools, Tucsan, AZ
- Middle School Teacher(s)
- Howard University Public Charter Middle School of Mathematics and Science, Washington, DC