Stat of the Week April 27, 2006
In 2004, just over half the states offered recruitment incentives, such as signing bonuses or tuition assistance, for special education teachers. Only eight states used similar incentives, including salary increases and pay bonuses, to retain special education teachers.
To find out more about special education in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education Program Specialist
- TAESE/Utah State University, Utah State University, UT
- West York Area School District, York, PA
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT