Stat of the Week April 12, 2006
From 1999 to 2005 the number of charter schools nationwide grew from 1,680 to 3,625. As of 2005, the five states with the most charter schoolsCalifornia, Arizona, Florida, Ohio, and Texasaccounted for over half of the number of charter schools in the nation, with a combined total of 1,903 schools.
To find out more about school choice in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Assistant Professor of Evaluation
- Boston College - Lynch School of Education, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Assistant Professor Educational Law and Policy
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA