Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Director - UAE - January 2018
- Edvectus, School - Middle East, United Arab Emirates
- Assistant Coordinator 2, CTD (Evanston Campus)
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Superintendent/Executive Director
- Special Education District of Lake County, Gages Lake, IL
- Mokena School District 159, Mokena, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Laurel School District, Laurel, MS