Stat of the Week March 23, 2006
Thirty-two states have a review cycle or regular process for reviewing, revising, and adjusting state academic standards. Currently, 48 states and the District of Columbia have adopted standards in the four core subject areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. In 1997, the first year the EPE Research Center examined this issue, 31 states had these standards in place.
To find out more about standards in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Evaluation
- Boston College - Lynch School of Education, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Assistant Professor Educational Law and Policy
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA