Stat of the Week March 23, 2006
Thirty-two states have a review cycle or regular process for reviewing, revising, and adjusting state academic standards. Currently, 48 states and the District of Columbia have adopted standards in the four core subject areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. In 1997, the first year the EPE Research Center examined this issue, 31 states had these standards in place.
To find out more about standards in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA
- Head of School
- Rockwern Academy, OH
- Program Managers (Charter, Partner and New Schools)
- School District of Philadelphia, Phila, PA
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA