Stat of the Week March 8, 2006
Almost every state has established an alternative-route program to recruit individuals with at least a bachelor's degree into teaching. Twenty-eight states require subject-area tests for alternative-route participants and 27 mandate subject-area coursework for candidates choosing this route.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Latin America Hiring Fair - Houston, Texas - Jan. 27th-28th, 2017
- Teachers Latin America, Multiple Locations
- Educational Services Director
- Foundation for Blind Children, Phoenix, AZ
- K-12 Special Education Teacher
- Harlem Village Academies, New York, NY
- Elementary Principal
- State College Area School District, State College, PA
- Middle/Upper School Math & Science Teachers
- Academy of the Sacred Heart, New Orleans, LA