Stat of the Week February 8, 2006
Thirty-three states and the District of Columbia enforce specific penalties for incidents of school violence. This includes policies on suspension or expulsion of students for violent acts against teachers; policies for removing disruptive students from classrooms or schools; and/or policies related to criminal activity on school property.
To find out more about school climate in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education ELA Teacher, Gr. 9-12 (SY17-18)
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- South Butler County School District, Saxonburg, PA
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA