Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Partnerships
- World Savvy, Multiple Locations
- Butler School District 53, Libertyville, IL
- Area Superintendent
- ArlingtonISD, Arlington, TX
- St. Francis Catholic High School, Sacramento, CA
- High School Principal 12 Month Position
- School District of Osceola County, Florida, Multiple Locations