Stat of the Week January 26, 2006
The number of states requiring all of their middle school teachers to minor in the subjects they will teach for an initial teacher license dropped from 18 in 2004 to 12 in 2006. Only three states require prospective middle school teachers to have subject-area majors to earn initial licenses.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Durham Public Schools Board of Education, Durham, NC
- Lower School Administrative Assistant
- Dwight-Englewood School, Englewood, NJ
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- Policy Assistant
- EducationCounsel, LLC, Washington, DC
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD