Stat of the Week December 28, 2005
Twenty-nine states currently have policies in place to sanction low-performing schools. Reconstitution, which can involve the removal or re-evaluation of school staff, is the most common sanction included in state accountability systems. In comparison, 17 states have programs in place to reward successful or high-performing schools with extra funds.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- Rossman School, St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- City of Cape Coral Charter School Authority, Cape Coral, FL
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA