Stat of the Week December 7, 2005
Less than half the states currently require students to pass an exit or end-of-course exam in order to graduate. Only six of these states have an appeals process for the mandated exams, while 14 require remediation for failing students such as extra learning time or summer school.
To find out more about assessment in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Media Relations and Public Affairs
- AIR, DC
- Sheboygan Area School District, Sheboygan, WI
- Math Instructor
- Cassadaga Job Corps Academy, Cassadaga, NY
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO