Gauging Awareness, Opinion on Common Core, Testing
In a pair of new national polls aiming to capture the American public's view of the state of K-12 education, one finding is clear: Most of those surveyed are clueless about the Common Core State Standards. But in trying to glean what the public and parents think about another marquee issue in public schooling—standardized testing—the polls paint a much murkier picture.
Below are some of the findings from Phi Delta Kappa and Gallup's poll and a separate survey from the Associated Press and the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY
- High School Principal
- SAS, Shanghai, Sh, China
- Test Development Specialist
- Hawaii Department of Education, HI
- Director of Media Relations and Public Affairs
- AIR, DC
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO