Published: March 15, 2012
Technology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift
E-learning turns toward district-level approaches and a focus on accountabilityTechnology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift tackles the shift in the virtual education landscape, where the rise in popularity is intersecting with a call for greater accountability. The report examines the growth of district-based programs designed with more local control in mind, and it tracks state legislative efforts to expand online education while also evaluating its effectiveness. It also covers the critical accountability questions facing virtual education providers, particularly for-profit companies, and issues related to the financial sustainability of state-sponsored e-schools.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME