Published: March 15, 2012
Technology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift
E-learning turns toward district-level approaches and a focus on accountabilityTechnology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift tackles the shift in the virtual education landscape, where the rise in popularity is intersecting with a call for greater accountability. The report examines the growth of district-based programs designed with more local control in mind, and it tracks state legislative efforts to expand online education while also evaluating its effectiveness. It also covers the critical accountability questions facing virtual education providers, particularly for-profit companies, and issues related to the financial sustainability of state-sponsored e-schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Middle School Math Teacher
- The International Educator, Major Cities Worldwide
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY