Published: March 15, 2012
Technology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift
E-learning turns toward district-level approaches and a focus on accountabilityTechnology Counts 2012: Virtual Shift tackles the shift in the virtual education landscape, where the rise in popularity is intersecting with a call for greater accountability. The report examines the growth of district-based programs designed with more local control in mind, and it tracks state legislative efforts to expand online education while also evaluating its effectiveness. It also covers the critical accountability questions facing virtual education providers, particularly for-profit companies, and issues related to the financial sustainability of state-sponsored e-schools.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations