Spotlight on Algebra
The Education Week Spotlight on Algebra is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Preparing students in middle school for high school algebra
- Improving students’ algebra performance with practical instructional tips
- Offering students the firm foundation in fractions essential to later algebra success
- Integrating a “global perspective” into math instruction on a classroom level
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Algebra (2012)
To best prepare students for algebra, educators must balance the rigors of the curriculum alongside the needs of students. This Spotlight examines some of the emerging trends and research, including algebra-readiness strategies, online courses, combined literacy and math programs, and the introduction of core-algebra concepts at the elementary level.
This Spotlight examines some of the emerging trends and research, including algebra readiness strategies, online courses, combined literacy and math programs, and the introduction of core-algebra concepts at the elementary level.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- General Posting - Principal, High School 2017-18
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach, VA
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- TIRE 1st Grade Teacher
- Kanawha County Schools, Charleston, WV
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD