Spotlight on Math Instruction
The Education Week Spotlight on Math Instruction is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Comparing how U.S. students perform against their international peers
- Helping struggling students make the shift to the common core
- Analyzing drops in rigorous coursework in Algebra I and Geometry
- Understanding how math anxiety and timed tests impact math achievement
- Using number sense to predict long-term math proficiency
- Targeting procedural fluency to build math stamina
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights on Math Instruction:Math Instruction (2014)
In this Spotlight, see how computer-based testing impacts math performance, find out which textbooks are aligned to the common core, and learn how to take a blended learning approach to math instruction.
Math Instruction (2012)
The common standards, technology, and new cognitive studies are redefining how math gets taught. This Spotlight focuses on math instruction and how educators are adapting their teaching, integrating new technologies, and preparing for the common core.
Math Instruction (2010)
What are the best ways to introduce students to math concepts? This Spotlight explores innovative approaches and special challenges in teaching math.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Schools Officer
- Santa Clara County Office of Education, San Jose, CA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Design and launch a new startup Choice School in Dallas ISD
- Dallas Independent School District, Dallas, TX
- Preschool Teacher position available
- Kids Connection Schools, Foster City, CA
- Mathematics & Computer Science Teacher
- First State Military, DE