Spotlight on Math and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Math and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Understanding how the math standards will shift when and how topics are introduced
- Preparing students to engage in the eight “mathematical practices” featured in the standards
- Reshaping instructional materials and the role of the “publishers’ criteria” for the common core in math
- Using customized e-textbooks aligned to the standards
- Developing effective tests to assess students’ math abilities
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY