Spotlight on Math and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Math and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Guidance from standards writers on focus, coherence, and rigor in math
- Helping at-risk students make the shift to the math standards
- Early results from common-core assessments in math
- Using educator-produced e-textbooks aligned to the standards
- Moving away from step-by-step instructional models
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Math and the Common Core (Winter 2013)
The Common Core State Standards will change the grade levels at which math content is introduced, while pushing aside other topics altogether to achieve greater depth. This Spotlight looks at these changes, including how educators are building new e-textbooks, reshaping instruction in the classroom, and preparing for new assessments in math.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Open House
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY
- Senior Practice Associate – K-12 Literacy
- The Education Trust, Washington, DC
- Director, Governmental Relations
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, FL
- Special Education - LD/BD Self Contained
- International Leadership of Texas, Richardson, TX