Spotlight on Math and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Math and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Guidance from standards writers on focus, coherence, and rigor in math
- Helping at-risk students make the shift to the math standards
- Early results from common-core assessments in math
- Using educator-produced e-textbooks aligned to the standards
- Moving away from step-by-step instructional models
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Math and the Common Core (Winter 2013)
The Common Core State Standards will change the grade levels at which math content is introduced, while pushing aside other topics altogether to achieve greater depth. This Spotlight looks at these changes, including how educators are building new e-textbooks, reshaping instruction in the classroom, and preparing for new assessments in math.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY