Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Literacy in the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Integrating literacy across subjects in preparation for the common core
- Shifting attention to informational text and other nonfiction texts
- Applying literacy research to the common standards
- Librarians' roles in preparing for the common core
- Identifying struggling readers and implementing literacy interventions
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:English/Language Arts and the Common Core (2012)
The Common Core State Standards are beginning to influence English/language arts instruction. This Spotlight focuses on reading and writing across the subjects, a greater emphasis on nonfiction texts, the debate over prereading, and criticisms of the standards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Leave Replacement Teacher: Middle School Literature
- Great Oaks Charter Schools, NY
- Chief Operating Officer
- Lycée Français de San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Principal of Early Childhood Education Center
- OFJCC, Palo Alto, CA
- Eureka County School District, Eureka, NV
- EDUCATION SITE SUPERVISOR (TEACHER)
- Northside Center for Child Development, Inc., Brooklyn, NY