Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Literacy in the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Integrating literacy across subjects in preparation for the common core
- Shifting attention to informational text and other nonfiction texts
- Applying literacy research to the common standards
- Librarians' roles in preparing for the common core
- Identifying struggling readers and implementing literacy interventions
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:English/Language Arts and the Common Core (2012)
The Common Core State Standards are beginning to influence English/language arts instruction. This Spotlight focuses on reading and writing across the subjects, a greater emphasis on nonfiction texts, the debate over prereading, and criticisms of the standards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA
- Superintendent of Schools
- South Butler County School District, Saxonburg, PA
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA