Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Exploring interdisiplinary approaches to teaching the literacy standards
- Teaching poetry in the common-core era
- Meeting the increased requirements for vocabulary
- Building students' digital literacy and storytelling techniques
- Incorporating map-reading into the common core
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:Literacy and the Common Core (Spring 2013)
Under the new common-core standards, educators are debating which literary texts should be taught in class, preparing for the rollout of new textbooks and readers, pushing literacy development across subject areas, and connecting reading and writing to critical reasoning skills. Download this Spotlight to understand how curriculum and assessment is shifting as a result of the new English/language arts standards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- DeKalb County School District, Stone Mountain, GA
- Director, K-12 Mathematics
- Pittsburgh Public Schools, Pittsburgh, PA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Special Education Teacher
- Vertus Charter School, Rochester, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sachem Central School District, Lake Ronkonkoma, NY