Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards
View the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights.
The Education Week Spotlight on Implementing Common Standards is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including:
- Aligning textbooks to the common-core standards
- Early performance results on common-core assessments
- Preparing principals for the common standards
- Using teacher collaboration to implement the common core
- Applying cost-effective strategies to standards implementation
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on the Common Standards:
Implementing Common Standards (2012)
In order to implement the Common Core State Standards, educators need resources and materials that they can use. But not all school districts are moving at the same pace, and some teachers are frustrated with the lack of guidance coming from state and district leaders. This Spotlight highlights the curriculum, professional development, and online resources available to help teachers prepare for the common core.
Implementing Common Standards (2011)
There is ongoing debate about the implementation of common-core standards. These standards have widespread implications for curriculum, teacher training, student assessment and technology planning. This Spotlight follows the latest developments, state-by-state, and looks at the key players influencing the process of implementation.
Implementing Common Standards (2010)
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has produced its final set of much-anticipated academic standards, in math and language arts. This Spotlight looks at the policy and practical implications for states and schools as they contemplate the standards and their impact on the lives of students and educators.
Common Standards (2009)
The push for voluntary national core standards is moving full steam ahead, with 46 states signing on to the effort. This Spotlight takes a closer look at the process for developing national standards, the main players in the process, and standards ideas under consideration.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Principal of The Academies of Shakopee High School
- Shakopee Public Schools, Shakopee, MN
- Vice President for Education
- The Possible Project, Cambridge, MA
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Chief Financial and Operations Officer
- Norfolk Public Schools, Norfolk, VA
- Director of Operations, Buildings & Grounds
- Rutland South Supervisory Union, North Clarendon, VT