Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA
- Assistant Principal
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, MO
- St. Xavier High School President
- St. Xavier High School, Cincinnati, OH
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT