Spotlight on Data-Driven Decisionmaking
The Education Week Spotlight on Data-Driven Decisionmaking is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Using data to improve student achievement
- Data-driven decisionmaking as part of district reforms
- Data tools that help to predict student outcomes
- Moving beyond value added scores
- Translating data into meaningful evidence
- State data on principal preparation and evaluation
You get the articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Data-Driven Decisionmaking (2012)
Nearly all states have comprehensive data systems to track student achievement over time. This Spotlight focuses on how data-sharing can help districts prepare students for college, create early detection systems for dropouts, and tie teacher evaluations to student achievement.
Data-Driven Decisionmaking (2011)
Access to quality data provides district leaders with the opportunity to make informed instructional and management decisions. This Spotlight examines the potential risks and advantages of data systems and the various ways in which data can be used to improve learning.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Wissahickon School District, PA