Spotlight on Common Core Assessment and Curriculum
View the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights.
The Education Week Spotlight on Common Core Assessment and Curriculum is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including:
- Developing and aligning curriculum to the common-core standards
- Crafting assessments to measure for college readiness
- A new shift to informational texts in the English/language arts curriculum
- Using curriculum models from other countries to shape the common core
- Using computer-based assessments to capture student knowledge
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights on the Common Standards:
Implementing Common Standards (2012)
In order to implement the Common Core State Standards, educators need instructional materials and assessments. But not all states are moving at the same pace, and some districts are finding common-core resources in short supply. This Spotlight highlights the curriculum, professional development, and online resources available to help districts prepare for the common core.
Implementing Common Standards (2011)
There is ongoing debate about the implementation of common-core standards. These standards have widespread implications for curriculum, teacher training, student assessment and technology planning. This Spotlight follows the latest developments, state-by-state, and looks at the key players influencing the process of implementation.
Implementing Common Standards (2010)
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has produced its final set of much-anticipated academic standards, in math and language arts. This Spotlight looks at the policy and practical implications for states and schools as they contemplate the standards and their impact on the lives of students and educators.
Common Standards (2009)
The push for voluntary national core standards is moving full steam ahead, with 46 states signing on to the effort. This Spotlight takes a closer look at the process for developing national standards, the main players in the process, and standards ideas under consideration.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO