Spotlight on Secondary Math Instruction
The Education Week Spotlight on Secondary Math Instruction is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Using transitional coursework to prepare high schoolers for college math
- Challenges facing math educators in the common-core era
- Varying the coursetaking path for students in Algebra 2
- Preparing for the common-core assessments in math
- Building statistical and data literacy inside classrooms
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Elementary Math Instruction
New research on elementary school math is helping to give shape to instruction that builds math skills at an early age. In this Spotlight, see how schools are taking new approaches to teaching fractions, developing young learners’ spatial and task skills, and opening new doors to math learning.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SLF Consulting, Fairfield, AL
- K-12 Teachers at DPSCD
- Detroit Public Schools Community District, Detroit, MI
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA