Spotlight on Personalized Learning
The Education Week Spotlight on Personalized Learning is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Defining personalized learning environments
- Making use of massively open online classrooms (MOOCs) in high schools
- Balancing personalization with standardization
- Using technology to boost individualized instruction
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on Personalized Learning:Personalized Learning (2014)
Districts, both big and small, are using personalized learning to address individualized learning. In this Spotlight, see how schools are building feedback and assessment loops with technology, using adaptive math resources tied to the common core, developing individually paced learning in rural districts, and analyzing the risks of device-centered learning.
Personalized Learning (2012)
Students are learning outside the classroom, receiving “digital badges” for academic achievement, and using technology to expand learning opportunities. The move to individual instruction has many policymakers, administrators, and teachers rethinking instruction in the 21st century. This Spotlight focuses on the new approaches and debates taking place around personalized learning.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Special Education Program Specialist
- TAESE/Utah State University, Utah State University, UT
- West York Area School District, York, PA
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA