Spotlight on Elementary Math
The Education Week Spotlight on Elementary Math is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Using research-based methods to teach fractions
- Understanding how early spatial skills influence math learning
- Identifying gender as a key factor in math instruction
- Fostering STEM skills in young learners
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on Math Instruction:Math Instruction (2013)
Many teachers don’t feel well-equipped to plan math instruction to meet student needs, according to recent survey data. This Spotlight examines research on how number sense predicts math ability, the importance of procedural fluency, the development of math anxiety on timed tests, and how the common core is impacting math instruction.
Math Instruction (2012)
The common standards, technology, and new cognitive studies are redefining how math gets taught. This Spotlight focuses on math instruction and how educators are adapting their teaching, integrating new technologies, and preparing for the common core.
Math Instruction (2010)
What are the best ways to introduce students to math concepts? This Spotlight explores innovative approaches and special challenges in teaching math.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- Middle School Principal - Fox Lane Middle School
- Bedford Central School District, Mount Kisco, NY