Diplomas Count 2014: Motivation Matters
Engaging Students, Creating LearnersThe nationwide push toward greater school accountability and common standards has generated a chorus of calls for raising the level of academic rigor in U.S. schools. More recently, though, has come the realization that academics alone may not be enough. Education Week's Diplomas Count 2014 focuses on the ways educators are making students want to come to school, work hard, and graduate on time. This reporting is presented in tandem with the latest graduation-rate analysis.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Advanced Placement English Instructor
- Gaylord Community Schools, Gaylord, MI
- Deputy Superintendent for School Administration
- Birmingham Public Schools, Beverly Hills, MI
- Joplin Schools, MO