Diplomas Count 2013: Second Chances
Turning Dropouts Into GraduatesMany students—roughly 1 million a year—leave high school without a diploma. Education Week's Diplomas Count 2013 focuses on these students—a group for whom the prospect of landing a good-paying job or earning a postsecondary credential is likely to be dim. While much attention has gone to identifying teenagers who are at risk of dropping out and finding ways to keep them in school, comparatively fewer efforts have been expended on bringing back the students who have already left. This reporting is presented in tandem with the latest original graduation-rate analysis from the Editorial Projects in Education Research Center.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Technology
- UCFSD, Kennett Square, PA
- Early Learning Coach
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Atlantic City Board of Education, Atlantic City, NJ
- Superintendent of Schools
- Allentown School District, PA
- Part-Time Teacher Teams Coach Bentley School in Salem, MA
- Teach Plus, Salem, MA