(E-Book) Classroom Management Q&As: Expert Strategies for Teaching
Many teachers today are looking for sustainable, authentic solutions on classroom management and student engagement—two key aspects of effective instruction. What better way to find them than to tap the collective wisdom of expert educators?
In this ebook, award-winning teacher and Education Week Teacher blogger Larry Ferlazzo investigates some of the thorniest problems in teaching by turning to leading educators for advice.
Ferlazzo and his contributors respond Q&A-style to a variety of pressing classroom-management and student-engagement questions, such as:
• How can I get the new school year off to a good start?
• How can I help my students develop self-control?
• How can I stop disruptive behavior in my classroom?
• How can I engage students without resorting to a carrots-and-sticks approach?
• What does true student engagement look like?
This ebook brings together the best contributions from Ferlazzo’s blog Classroom Q&A With Larry Ferlazzo. Ferlazzo, who teaches English, social studies, and International Baccalaureate classes to students at Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, Calif., offers his take on effective classroom management along with a network of leading experts. Together, they provide the strategy-based answers that get to the heart of high-quality instruction.
Critical Acclaim for Classroom Management Q&As:
"Lots of people have answers in education, but no one has all the answers. Larry Ferlazzo knows this better than anyone. That’s why his 'Classroom Q&A' blog, a go-to source for educators, features such a diverse group of contributors. In Classroom Management Q&A’s, Expert Strategies for Teaching, Ferlazzo gathers experts, authors, administrators, and star teachers in one place and lets them answer teachers’ most pressing classroom management questions. The result is a series of helpful pieces that are short enough to read at lunch or even between periods." -Roxanna Elden, NBCT, speaker, and author of See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by Teachers
"Instead of trusting your best instincts in the moment, wouldn’t it be great if you could hit 'pause' and enlist the advice of trusted colleagues?... The conversational tone, peppered with personal reflections from Ferlazzo, makes for quick but rewarding reading. I can imagine teachers dipping into these digital pages repeatedly, picking up a gem or two of advice to improve their practice. The book also lends itself to staff discussions. Many of the questions—How can I connect with disengaged students? Can teachers be friends with students?—set the stage for reflective conversations about teaching and learning." -Suzie Boss, education writer, project-based learning advocate, and author of Bringing Innovation to School: Empowering Students to Thrive in a Changing World.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Early Preschool Teacher - Sign on Bonus
- Childtime Learning Center, Multiple Locations
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- ECE Lead & Assistant Teachers
- Tutor Time Learning Center, Multiple Locations
- Cristo Rey Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX