Supporting School Improvement: Lessons from Districts Successfully Meeting the Challenge
- District Leadership
This ERS report, which spotlights research on successful school districts, provides districts with a road map to reach their destination of improved student achievement. Supporting School Improvement: Lessons from Districts Successfully Meeting the Challenge, presents the findings of four studies highlighting school districts--most high poverty and at risk--that have achieved academic progress. As the authors attest, "school districts can have a profound and positive impact on school improvement efforts." For improvement efforts to work, district-level leadership and support are critical, according to the report. The four studies focus on the key characteristics of successful district-level programs.
The districts profiled in the report prove student success is indeed an achievable goal. In the wake of NCLB, this is a much-needed piece of good news for many districts that may be found to be "low-performing." 92 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO
- Principal - Middle School
- School District of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- General Posting - Principal, High School 2017-18
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach, VA
- TIRE 1st Grade Teacher
- Kanawha County Schools, Charleston, WV