Supporting School Improvement: Lessons from Districts Successfully Meeting the Challenge
- District Leadership
This ERS report, which spotlights research on successful school districts, provides districts with a road map to reach their destination of improved student achievement. Supporting School Improvement: Lessons from Districts Successfully Meeting the Challenge, presents the findings of four studies highlighting school districts--most high poverty and at risk--that have achieved academic progress. As the authors attest, "school districts can have a profound and positive impact on school improvement efforts." For improvement efforts to work, district-level leadership and support are critical, according to the report. The four studies focus on the key characteristics of successful district-level programs.
The districts profiled in the report prove student success is indeed an achievable goal. In the wake of NCLB, this is a much-needed piece of good news for many districts that may be found to be "low-performing." 92 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- Rossman School, St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Director – Office of Curriculum and Assessment
- Ohio Department of Education, Columbus, OH
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA