Recruiting and Hiring Effective Teachers: A Behavior-Based Approach
- Teaching Profession
This "how-to" guide provides help in recruiting, hiring, and retaining high-quality teachers. The author outlines the hiring process step by step, from developing job advertisements through writing an offer of employment, and provides useful handouts of interview questions adaptable for all grade levels and subjects; assessment tools for initial paperwork, phone interviews, and onsite interviews; and information on illegal questions and topics to avoid during the interview process. This resource concludes with strategies for acclimating new teachers to the school and greater community and implementing new teacher induction programs. 146 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Principal - Middle School
- School District of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- Trenton Public Schools, Trenton, NJ
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO