Recruiting and Hiring Effective Teachers: A Behavior-Based Approach
- Teaching Profession
This "how-to" guide provides help in recruiting, hiring, and retaining high-quality teachers. The author outlines the hiring process step by step, from developing job advertisements through writing an offer of employment, and provides useful handouts of interview questions adaptable for all grade levels and subjects; assessment tools for initial paperwork, phone interviews, and onsite interviews; and information on illegal questions and topics to avoid during the interview process. This resource concludes with strategies for acclimating new teachers to the school and greater community and implementing new teacher induction programs. 146 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Media Relations and Public Affairs
- AIR, DC
- Math Instructor
- Cassadaga Job Corps Academy, Cassadaga, NY
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO
- Teacher (Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten, 2017-18)
- The Primary School - new education & health model, East Palo Alto, CA