Recruiting and Hiring Effective Teachers: A Behavior-Based Approach
- Teaching Profession
This "how-to" guide provides help in recruiting, hiring, and retaining high-quality teachers. The author outlines the hiring process step by step, from developing job advertisements through writing an offer of employment, and provides useful handouts of interview questions adaptable for all grade levels and subjects; assessment tools for initial paperwork, phone interviews, and onsite interviews; and information on illegal questions and topics to avoid during the interview process. This resource concludes with strategies for acclimating new teachers to the school and greater community and implementing new teacher induction programs. 146 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- Head of School
- Rossman School, St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Academic Officer
- School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL, FL
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA