Reading in the Wild: The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits
- Education Policy and Trends
In Reading in the Wild, reading expert Donalyn Miller continues the conversation that began in her bestselling book, The Book Whisperer. Her original book revealed the secrets of getting students to love reading, now in Reading in the Wild, written with reading teacher Susan Kelley, Miller describes how to truly instill lifelong "wild" reading habits in our students. Based, in part, on survey responses from adult readers as well as students, this book offers solid advice and strategies on how to develop, encourage, and assess five key reading habits that cultivate a lifelong love of reading. Also included are strategies, lesson plans, management tools, and comprehensive lists of recommended books. Reading in the Wild is packed with ideas for helping students build capacity for a lifetime of reading.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Program Managers (Charter, Partner and New Schools)
- School District of Philadelphia, Phila, PA
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Licensed Teachers 7-12 **Now Offering $2,000 sign-on Payment**
- Youth Villages, Bartlett, TN
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA